I recently read an article which said that returning to a favourite poem, story or game from our childhood, can help relieve stress and worry. To that end I have decided to share with you my favourite poem from my childhood and the first one I learnt to recite...
Archive for category: Mindfulness
I found this extract from At Home in the World by Thich Nhat Hanh and it really resonated with me so I thought I would share it with you….. I hope you find it thought-provoking! “One day when I was a child, I looked into the large clay...
I came across this poem by Charlie Chaplin, which it is said he wrote when he turned 70, and wanted to share it with you as on my new Mindfulness page…… As I began to love myself I found that anguish and emotional suffering are only warning signs...
Welcome to my love affair with the food, wine, history and culture of the Mediterranean, past and present. Here you will find not only recipes, drinks and fabulous products, but the history of the food and culture of the Mediterranean.
My purpose is to get you to explore and experience new tastes and along the way to immerse yourself in the wonderful history of this diverse and wonderful region – from Venice to Istanbul, Rome to Dubrovnik, Athens to Crete and all places in between and in the surrounds. Be prepared to be surprised, delighted and enthralled as you take this trip with me.
- An ode to play – A painting by Pieter Bruegel
- The pelican fountain that becomes a fountain of wine….
- A Donatello head of Virgil’s horse, Palazzo Carafa, Naples
- Codex Gigas or The Bible written by the Devil!!
- A lock in Milan designed by Leonardo da Vinci
- Who was the Marquis of Pombal?
- The curious sculpture of Ancient Rome’s “Man of the Forests” – Venice
- The mystery of the magic Square, Sagrada Familia, Barcelona
Support Med Meanderings
- Art & Music
- Book Reviews
- Daily Meanderings
- Did You Know?
- Herb & Spices
- Product Reviews
- Wine & Food